Bride Price App

Have you tried the bride price app? What did you think of it? If you haven't done that yet, check it out here
http://www.brideprice.com.ng/ Well, it made raves when Editi Effiong of Anakle first launched it, some thought it was hilarious, others felt it was spiteful. I love the part where the elders get to give their verdict. Well I thought it was hilarious, yeah I understand the extreme categories and criteria they put in it, but it was just a fun side to the whole thing, a satire if I can say. It was done to ridicule the people who ask for an arm and a leg from prospective in-laws. I mean, are you selling your daughter? No! Instead you are getting a son!
I know of friends who were made to pay thousands of naira as dowry, I have also heard stories of parents asking for very outrageous things. But I think this has to do with the type of in-law you meet, some say a particular tribe is very expensive, don't marry there, that's just hasty generalization. That one person from a tribe took a million naira as dowry from his son in-law does not mean everyone in his village will do same. It varies from person to person, guys just pray you meet a good girl from a good home. But if you get the money sha, you pay o.
I am married, I know how much my love paid, he seizes every opportunity to tell anyone who cares to listen about how fortunate he is. You want to know how much? Ask in the comment box and I will oblige you.
Many thanks to Lola Ogundabero and her love Popoola for allowing us film at their traditional wedding, it was my first time of attending a Yoruba traditional wedding and I sure had fun...the food, the dancing, the asoebi, and the lady praise singer who made sure she got lots of money before she allowed Lola in.

Lest I forget, the elders said I am a premium babe! *wink*


Please click here for the video link

Video for shorter version on Reuters

Bride, Lola Ogunbadero during her make-up session
Bride, Lola Ogunbadero tying her gele
Bride Lola Ogunbadero posing for the camera
Interview time with Editi Effiong, CEO, Anakle
Whats +Seun Sanni  doing here?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwa seeks to restore our forgotten folk-tale tradition

Rare Super Blood Moon By Midnight Today

Ending the long walk in the desert; A story of modern day slavery