Tattooing Your Lips Pink - Fashion or Madness?

One of those days when we just sit in the office and brainstorm about story ideas, a colleague of mine, Ejiro, told me that we could do a story on "Pink Lips." I'm like whats that, and she explained that its a process where you have a permanently stained lips in any colour of your choice. I thought she was joking and one day, on our way to film another story in Ikeja, we decided to go check the guys out.
These guys stand under the Ikeja bridge, calling out to passersby: "pink lips, pink lips." We called the one of them, and began asking questions, he said "that's not all o madam, we can enlarge your breast, lift it up, increase your hips, flatten your stomach and so on." Hmm, God have mercy! All of these things are done in a shop, close to the bridge. Do people really go to them for breast enlargement? Hmm. Now I can't tell if he truly can do all of the things he mentioned, but I took him up on the pink lips, and he accepted we do a feature on that.
The pink (or red) lips is achieved by dipping a tattoo machine into a dye solution, and spreading it over the lips of a client, a painful process that can take over two hours before the desired result is achieved.
To what extent can you go in trying to make your self look good? So many different things tickle the  fancy of different people. Most people, women especially indulge in one form of beauty enhancing procedure or the other just to make themselves look better. I fix my nails, I wear hair extensions too, I have different shades of lip colour, but for a permanent colour on my lips, with a tattoo machine? Not there yet.
To what extent can you go in trying to look good?

Find a link to a video below, sorry peeps, no pictures.

Ciao.

Link To video

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiwa seeks to restore our forgotten folk-tale tradition

Rare Super Blood Moon By Midnight Today

Ending the long walk in the desert; A story of modern day slavery